- This event has passed.
Finance for Non-Finance People
Managers, project managers and administrators sometimes need to take responsibility for financial management, planning and decision making. By giving you a greater understanding of today’s accounting and finance terminology, this program will empower you to apply financial management tools and techniques with confidence.
If you’re a manager or administrator responsible for financial management, planning and decision making but have no training in this field, this course will enable you to do this role effectively.
- Interpreting key finance terminology and jargon
- Accounting concepts such as accrual accounting and depreciation
- Reading and understanding financial statements
- Using financial KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) to evaluate business performance
- Applying cost concepts and budget forecasting techniques to plan and develop robust operational budgets
- Calculating breakeven point and using other financial evaluation techniques
- Building a business case for capital expenditure proposals