The State Government has announced a $143 million “Circuit Breaker Action Business Support Package”. This package is limited to businesses in hospitality, food wholesaling, tourism, events (and related services) and some retail businesses. Further detail can be found below.
Here’s what’s included:
- Business Costs Assistance Program
$2000 grants are available to eligible businesses in hospitality, food wholesaling, tourism, events (and related services) and retail. Applications are open now, please click here to check eligibility and apply.
- Licenced Hospitality Venue Fund – Circuit Breaker Action Payment
$3000 additional grants may be available for previous recipients of the Licenced Hospitality Venue Fund. You do not need to apply for this payment, you will be contacted if eligible. Further information can be found here.
- Victorian Accommodation Support Program
This is an expansion to the original Regional Tourism Accommodation support program as it will now also include accommodation premises in Greater Melbourne. Eligible businesses will be able to claim reimbursements for cancelled accommodation bookings under the following tiers:
Tier 1: Funding of $2250 (ex GST) per Accommodation Premises experiencing 10 or fewer cancelled nights.
Tier 2: Funding of $4500 (ex GST) per Accommodation Premises experiencing 11 or more cancelled nights.
This program will open soon, you can register your interest here.
- Victorian Travel Voucher Schemes
Two travel voucher schemes will be made available to encourage Victorians to travel across the state:
– 40,000 vouchers to support travel in greater Melbourne (to be launched soon)
– 10,000 additional vouchers added to the existing Regional Travel Scheme to support travel in regional Victoria. Further information can be found here.
We encourage you to assess your eligibility and apply for any grants available to your business. For further information you can visit the Business Victoria website.